Bingo jackpots are larger-than-normal prizes that entice players to join a particular game in the hope of triggering a jackpot win. As a rule of thumb, the higher the amount to win, the lowest your chance of winning. Though, escalator progressive jackpots are changing the rules by getting easier and easier to win over time.
Bingo jackpots have been around since the 1980s. They were called “Poker Jackpot” or “Poker Jack Pot.” In those days, it was all about luck and nothing else. But now, people have found a way to use technology to improve their chances of winning. Many players have come up with different strategies to determine the best possible odds for a chance at a big payout. If you are curious about how bingo jackpots work, this guide got you covered!
The Different Types of Bingo Jackpots
There are three common types of jackpots in bingo:
1. Fixed Bingo Jackpot – a local preset amount that is generally won by getting a specific winning pattern
2. Progressive Bingo Jackpot – one that grows as players buy tickets and that resets once a player wins the jackpot
3. Escalator Bingo Jackpot – one that is won if you win BINGO within a specific number of calls
If you are new to bingo, you would probably wonder what a bingo jackpot is and how it works.
How Do Jackpots Work In Bingo
In bingo, a jackpot refers to a special prize offering the highest possible amount for a particular game. It is not guaranteed that it will be won in every game, unlike other prizes such as the Line prize or the Full House.
The type of bingo game you play decides how the jackpot prize will be calculated and how many players can get it. For instance, a 75-ball bingo can only have one winner — the first person who completes an approved pattern. On the other hand, there can be three winners in a 90-ball bingo; however, the prize becomes smaller.
Online bingo jackpot prizes can go in any game and vary depending on the kind you’re playing. Let’s dive deeper into the different types of bingo jackpots you can play.
Each bingo site operator will decide on what winning bingo patterns will trigger the win of a specific jackpot prize. Some common triggers include:
- having a full house or coverall within a number of calls
- matching a special pattern (e.g., four corners, diamond)
- covering two lines
- covering a diagonal
Make sure you are aware of the terms and conditions of any and every jackpot you are attempting to win.
Fixed Bingo Jackpots
A fixed bingo jackpot is always available and its amount is preset. It’s a standard prize pot, regardless of how many players have won. The winning prizes are split equally between all the winners; if it’s an online bingo game, your account will immediately be credited when you win.
Most of the time, you will know the jackpot prize amount before signing up for the game. The prize fund remains the same even with the following factors:
- The number of players in the game
- The ticket prices
- Where and when the game takes place
How can you win a fixed bingo jackpot? You can win when you have cleared all numbers within a specified number of calls for the Full House. However, for a 75-ball game, you have to meet the specified patterns to claim the jackpot.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of fixed bingo jackpots.
- Clear – Fixed bingo jackpots don’t have hidden bonuses or credits added at the end of the game; the prize fund will not increase or decrease throughout the game. In this way, you will always be playing for the stated prize amount at the start of the game.
- Popular – Fixed bingo jackpots are common, so you will always encounter this type of jackpot.
- The only con with a fixed bingo jackpot is that the total money has to be split between the jackpot prize winners. Meaning winners will get a smaller amount of money.
An example of a fixed bingo jackpot includes an image showing the following:
- The ticket costs £0.10
- The game starts in the specified number of minutes
- The number of players is displayed
- The minimum prize a player can win is £50
- £500 is the maximum prize amount you can win
Progressive Bingo Jackpot
In bingo, a progressive jackpot is a special prize that keeps on growing until a player wins it. With a progressive jackpot, the prize can become very high, which adds thrill to the game. The pot of money increases as more players sign up until someone wins. A portion of the ticket’s cost is added to the growing winning pot every time someone buys one.
The jackpot resets when someone wins the game. Several factors affect a progressive bingo jackpot, including:
- The number of players
- Ticket prices
- How long before someone wins
Progressive bingo jackpots have a starting amount or seed, and the value of the pot increases as long as more players join the game and no one wins. Progressive jackpots, in bingo and in slots, are rarely won especially as amounts climb high. They are mostly used as bait by casinos and bingo operators.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of progressive bingo jackpots.
- The best advantage of a progressive bingo jackpot is that the pot of money can get high. You can instantly become rich because the money increases when more players buy tickets. Therefore, the game becomes more intense and thrilling.
- Another advantage of progressive bingo jackpot is that since the pot money constantly changes as long as no one wins, it keeps the game exciting and fresh. This type of jackpot is popular because most bingo players prefer to get a larger amount of money.
- Winning the progressive bingo jackpot is based on luck. It gets more challenging as the pot increases because the number of players also increases. Another con of progressive bingo games is that the winning money resets when someone wins the game.
To further understand how this type of jackpot works, let’s look at this example. A progressive bingo game lets you win if you make a full house in less than 20 calls means that you should have crossed off all your numbers within the 20 calls to win. If no one does, the next game is played, and the pot money increases.
Escalator Bingo Jackpot
An escalator bingo jackpot is like a progressive bingo jackpot with a twist. With escalator bingo games, you win the jackpot if you win the bingo game within the required number of calls.
The ball count, or the number of calls within which the player must win to trigger the escalator jackpot, is set to start very low so it is unlikely for any player to win the jackpot. Over time, the ball count increases so it becomes easier to win the jackpot as time goes.
Escalator bingo games are usually created for special promotions and are not always available. In escalator games, the jackpot gets easier to win the longer the game goes on because the number of calls you need to obtain a full house also increases.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of escalator bingo jackpots.
- One benefit of an escalator bingo jackpot is the chance to win a big amount of money. Like a progressive bingo jackpot, the pot increases as long as no one wins and more players sign up for the game.
- It gets easier as the pot money increases since the ball count increases over time.
- Escalator jackpots drive excitement among players because of the slow rise in the counts needed to obtain a full house.
- Escalator bingo jackpots are not always available. They usually only run as special promotions or offers of particular bingo sites.
An example of an escalator bingo jackpot is Friday Escalator Jackpot. Its winning prize amounts to £5,000. Features of the game are as follows:
- If no one wins on a particular Friday night, the prize fund is carried over to the pot money for next Friday
- The game happens every Friday evening from 6 pm to 11 pm
- The balls increase by 2 every hour until someone wins
Bingo Jackpots: FAQ
Answers to the most common questions about bingo jackpots.
How big can bingo jackpots get?
Bingo jackpots can reach seven digits, especially for progressive and escalator bingo jackpots. You can instantly become a millionaire by playing bingo, especially when luck is on your side.
Do bingo slots offer jackpots?
You can also win jackpot prizes in playing bingo slots. With bingo slots, you are competing for the jackpot with several other players who are playing at the same time as you are. These slots offer big jackpot prizes comprised of contributions from other players and the gaming company.
What are community jackpots in bingo?
Community jackpots in bingo are prizes shared by all players. The splitting of the money can be either of the following:
– 50/50 where the overall winner takes 50%, and the other players share the remaining 50%
– Different ratios such as 80/20 or 60/40 split
With community bingo games, you will know the split type before you sign up. A community jackpot can be played as the only bingo game, or it can be played in addition to another jackpot. The major advantage of this type of jackpot is that everyone can have a share of the prize.
An advantage of community bingo jackpots includes the element of surprise because you will never know the amount you can get from the split. Another benefit of this type of bingo is the chance to get a large amount of money, especially when the jackpot is linked with a progressive jackpot game.
What is an escalator jackpot?
This is a type of jackpot that the game master can configure to give players a better chance to win the pot money. Its configuration is done to either the ball count, the amount, or the number of times.
What triggers a jackpot win in online bingo?
There are several tips to help you win the jackpot in online bingo. These are the following:
– Buying more bingo cards
– Playing when there are few players
– Learn to socialize with other online players
Bingo jackpots make the game more exciting and thrilling to play. If you’re new to the bingo world, know the different types of bingo jackpots and find out which jackpot do you most want to win in your next bingo game!